The following information and resources were taken from the 3rd edition of the guidelines. This page will be updated in the near future to match the newer living version of the guidelines.
The Patient Version of the Guidelines for Concussion/mTBI and Prolonged Symptoms is designed in the same order as the Healthcare Provider version. It is for adults over the age of 18. This was done to make communication between provider and patient easier. The sections include the most common symptoms of concussion/mTBI and are listed in no particular order.
We would like to thank all the patients and people living with persistent symptoms who provided guidance and feedback to us on the patient version.
Please give us your feedback on the information and the tools.
1) Diagnosis and Assessment of Concussion/mTBI
2) Initial Management of Concussion/mTBI
3) Sport-related Concussion/mTBI
4) General Recommendations Regarding Diagnosis / Assessment of Prolonged Symptoms
5) General Recommendations Regarding Management of Prolonged Sypmtoms
8) Mental Health Disorders / Problems
10) Vestibular Problems and Vision Dysfunction
12a) Return-to-Activity - School Considerations